Why choose the Online Master’s in Supply Chain Management at UT Dallas?
- STEM program offering a flexible 12-course/36 semester-credit-hour degree plan: do it at your own pace.
- Earn certifications in: APICS Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution (CLTD) and Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
- If your undergraduate degree is from an AACSB-accredited school, you may be eligible for a GMAT or GRE waiver if your GPA is 3.6 or higher or if your undergraduate or graduate degree is from UT Dallas (regardless of major) and your UT Dallas GPA is at or above 3.500.
- Special tuition rates apply for residents of Oklahoma.
- Veteran/Military friendly school.
- Under the Choice Act, qualified veterans, spouses and dependents are eligible for in-state tuition at UT Dallas regardless of their state of residence. For more information, please click here.
- Develop specific and relevant marketable skills in supply chain.
Online Courses – Master’s in Supply Chain Management
|Course #||Course Name|
|OPRE 6301||Statistics and Data Analysis|
|OPRE 6302||Operations Management|
|OPRE 6366||Global Supply Chain Management|
|OPRE 6370||Global Logistics and Transportation|
|OPRE 6371||Purchasing, Sourcing and Contract Management|
|Accounting for Managers
Supply Chain Management Electives
Select 18 semester credit hours of master’s-level courses with OPRE prefix not previously completed (any catalog year or from any courses listed below). As part of the 18 semester credit hours of elective courses, students may substitute up to six semester credit hours of master’s-level courses from any unrestricted course/prefix or catalog year offered within JSOM.View Courses in CatalogSee Online Course Availability
Four reasons why an online degree or hybrid approach is growing in demand.
Accommodate Unique Needs
Online learners are increasingly diverse with age, location, race, class, language, and disabilities.
Schedule Around Your Career
More than half (50%) of online students are employed.
Save Time and Money
Online students shared reasons varying from transportation issues, disability, and cost to why they preferred online courses.
Join the Moment
99% of school administrators reported that the demand for online courses is increasing.
See more insights from students about online trends in college
2019 Online Education Trends Report from Best Colleges
Important Information About how the Master’s in Supply Chain Management Online Works
The MS in Supply Chain Management Online (MS SCM Online) is a minimum 36 semester-credit-hour STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) degree program that explores the design, management and key issues of industrial supply chains, including methods for improving supply chain operations by lowering costs and improving quality.
Course and Specialty Offering
With six core courses (including accounting or finance), four specialty tracks (Analytics, Retail, Risk, Strategy) and more than 20 elective courses, the online program provides students with a big-picture understanding of supply chain management practices and strategies necessary for success in a supply chain career. A comprehensive listing of all program courses can be found via the UT Dallas Coursebook.
Core courses are available each fall and spring semester. You can find the listing of courses available each semester via the UT Dallas Coursebook. However, elective courses are subject to instructor availability during each semester. In situations where an elective course instructor is unavailable, you will have the option that semester to select a substitute elective that fits your professional and program goals. Your graduate advisor and program director will work with you to find the best course option.
Online courses may have prerecorded sessions that you can access from anywhere, anytime — including internationally.
Every course is different, but most courses have timed online exams, and some online courses require that the final exam be taken at a proctored exam center. The proctored exam center selected by a student must be approved by our testing center; there are numerous national and international testing locations. For more information on the availability of proctored exams, please visit the Testing Center website or call 972-883-2460.
Students who find UT Dallas geographically inconvenient may use a testing service of their choice, but it must be approved by the UT Dallas Testing Center.
Combine your Master’s in Supply Chain Management with another Master’s program!
Consider the career advantages gained when obtaining a second degree, not to mention the potential time and tuition benefits.
- Earn a combined or dual MS/MS or MS/MBA and receive the benefit of reduced total credit hours required to graduate.
- The double MS/MS program can be earned with just 55 semester credit hours compared to 72 if earning each independently.
- The double MS/MBA program can be earned in as little as 63 semester credit hours compared to 89 if earning each independently.
Learn more about MS/MBA
Chat with us via question desk.
We are available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. to address any questions you might have about the upcoming semester or JSOM in general.
Ready to start your graduate application?
Before you apply, get familiar with the application process for Jindal School graduate programs at UT Dallas.How to Apply