Why choose the Online Master’s in Management Science at UT Dallas?
- STEM program offering a flexible 12-course/36 semester-credit-hour degree plan: do it at your own pace.
- Four core courses and eight elective courses available online.
- GMAT/GRE waivers? Applicants are encouraged to review the graduate program requirements for admission information.
- Special tuition rates apply for residents of Oklahoma
- Under the Choice Act, qualified veterans, spouses and dependents are eligible for in-state tuition at UT Dallas regardless of their state of residence. For more information, please click here.
- No required internship or capstone classes.
Four reasons why an online degree or hybrid approach is growing in demand.
Accommodate Unique Needs
Online learners are increasingly diverse with age, location, race, class, language, and disabilities.
Schedule Around Your Career
More than half (50%) of online students are employed.
Save Time and Money
Online students shared reasons varying from transportation issues, disability, and cost to why they preferred online courses.
Join the Moment
99% of school administrators reported that the demand for online courses is increasing.
See more insights from students about online trends in college
2019 Online Education Trends Report from Best Colleges
Online Courses – Master’s in Management Science
|Course #||Course Name|
|MIS 6324 or MIS 6356||Business Analytics with SAS or Business Analytics with R|
|MIS 6320 or BUAN 6320||Database Foundations or Database Foundations for Business Analytics|
|OPRE 6301||Statistics and Data Analysis|
|OPRE 6332||Spreadsheet Modeling and Analytics|
Note: Students pursuing the Business Analytics concentration must choose BUAN 6320 instead of MIS 6320.
Management Science Electives Available Online
The Master’s in Management Science Online students may take any online course as a degree-program elective.View Online Courses
Important Information About how the Master’s in Management Science Online Works
The MS in Management Science offers four tracks (business analytics, information technology management, project management and consulting) and 15 concentrations; however, the online program does not offer every course available as an on-campus course. For a fully online MS in Management Science degree, you are limited to the courses listed on this page and any new online courses that may be added in the future.
In most cases, the online courses will be offered in the semesters listed on the JSOM Online Courses page year after year. However, sometimes the instructor who teaches a specific online course will be unavailable in a given semester. In those cases, you may have to pick another course if you are selecting an elective. If you are selecting a required course and trying to graduate that semester, the program director can work with you to look at options.
Online courses may have prerecorded sessions that you can access from anywhere, anytime — including internationally.
Every course is different, but most courses have timed online exams, and some online courses require that the final exam be taken at a proctored exam center. The proctored exam center selected by a student must be approved by our testing center; there are numerous national and international testing locations. For more information on the availability of proctored exams, please visit the Testing Center pages or call 972-883-2460.
Students who find UT Dallas geographically inconvenient may use a testing service of their choice, but it must be approved by the UT Dallas testing center.
Combine your Master’s in Management Science with another Master’s program!
Consider the career advantages gained when obtaining a second degree, not to mention the potential time and tuition benefits.
- Earn a combined or dual MS/MS or MS/MBA and receive the benefit of reduced total credit hours required to graduate.
- The double MS/MS program can be earned with just 55 semester credit hours compared to 72 if earning each independently.
- The double MS/MBA program can be earned in as little as 63 semester credit hours compared to 89 if earning each independently.
Learn more about MS/MBA
Ready to start your graduate application?
Before you apply, get familiar with the application process for Jindal School graduate programs at UT Dallas.How to Apply